Sewer & Foul Odor Detection
Pipe Surgeons is not only versed in fixing plumbing systems, but also eliminating foul odors that may permeate from within these systems. Not only is the smell unpleasant, but they can contain dangerous gases and chemicals that can create a hazardous environment to live in. Using advanced smoke testing techniques, Pipe Surgeons will be able to pinpoint where the odor is coming from and eliminate it.
The Smoke Testing Process
1) A camera inspection is conducted to ensure that there are no other complications within the pipes.
2) Large downdraft fans are placed over open manholes at either end of the sewer line in question, while the rest of the lines are blocked to assist in finding the source of the leak.
3) Non-hazardous smoke is generated, either by detonating a harmless smoke bomb or by pouring liquid smoke down the sewer line, and the fans will blow it into the line.
4) If the pipes are leaking, plumes of smoke will escape the sewer lines through the leak sites.
5) The leak sites are denoted with small flags or markers, which will determine which sections of the pipe will require replacement or repair.
At Pipe Surgeons, we place the safety of our customers above all else. If your pipes are leaking, seek us out for all of your repair needs. We will work quickly to find the problem and come up with the best solution.
The Pipe Surgeons Promise
You know that a company cares about the quality of their work when they stand behind it. We have some of the best pipe repair and pipe installation warranties and guarantees in the industry because we know our staff and our products are the best in the business. Our passionate technicians are friendly, clean, polite, drug-free, and experienced while both our parts and products are state-of-the-art—guaranteed!